- Programming decisions and music selections for UBRadio are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Programming decisions and music selections for UBRadio are made at the local station level. UBRadio does not maintain corporate playlists. Accordingly, music should be submitted directly to the UBRadio Website for consideration. The Music Submission form can be found at www.ubradio.co.bw.
- UBRadio accepts new music submissions via the UBRadio Website. Although CD and other forms of electronic media may also be accepted, considerations such as email server space, virus scanning software, and hardware limitations may negatively impact a particular station’s ability to accept music submissions through these alternative means. Accordingly, UBRadio suggests submission of music via the UBRadio Website when possible.
- Music submitted must be of broadcast quality.
- Music submitted must be properly edited for broadcast, including the exclusion of defamatory, profane, indecent or obscene material.
- Music submitted will not be returned.
- UBRadio does not sell or barter access to its programmers.
- UBRadio has a list of individuals primarily responsible for considering music for potential airplay. Many of these individuals have established specific dates and times for dealing with artists and labels. Artists and labels are encouraged to respect those windows. Please be aware that our programmers have many competing demands on their time and thus may not be able to return all calls or respond to all correspondence, particularly within time periods artists or labels might desire.
NOTE: With regard to musical work performance rights for our stations, UBRadio holds non-dramatic public performance licenses with COSBOTS only. By submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with one of these three performing rights organizations. Alternatively, if you are not a member of these organizations, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant UBRadio the right to broadcast your material. In addition, because we stream most of our stations over the internet, by submitting music for consideration, submitting entities and individuals represent and warrant that submitted music has been registered with SoundExchange. Alternatively, if you are not a member of SoundExchange, you represent and warrant that you hold these rights personally and grant UBRadio the right to stream your material on a non-interactive, non-subscription basis.